Monday, October 20, 2008

A Living Carmarthen Hero


Rhetoric is really mixing it with the Welsh Hall of Fame recently!

Interviews with Jenny Randerson and Kirsty Williams and an exclusive article on Leadership by Mike German.

This evening he did three rounds with Carmarthen Colossus and reigning Commonwealth games Silver medallist Kevin Evans (photo) The Super-Heavyweight amateur champ ( 4 British, 10 Welsh titles) and Rhetoric went toe to toe. Yes I have been in there before so we know what we are doing. Light hearted bruises...if that makes any sense. In fact I have one amateur medal but absolutely nothing compared to Big Kev.

My fitness is a problem but I hope to improve this more than I have done already in the next couple of weeks. He went easy on me . There was a time I thought I was a gonner with kev's left hook but I managed to survive. Maybe a little Crafty Cockney from Rhetoric or some mercy from the champ. I cant make up my mind which! Maybe a bit of both! I got kev a few nice body punches and the lost art of body punching will always be revived when Rhetoric is in there. But it was Kev's right hand that is a real menace. With his stiff left jab as the ouverture.

Anyway...Kev's Gym is a fantastic place on three levels. A really safe environment. There was women hitting the punchbag and some children. Its a great asset for Carmarthen and its people. The Sports Council of Wales have done a good job here.

A hat tip to them and a hat tip to that right hand that just missed my jaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment